Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

This Week In Science #11

     This week in science I did a quite bit. I picked up plants, bugs and other things for my spider Charlie to help his habitat. I did a spider work sheet on cellar spiders and I actually didn't finish it. Hopefully I'll get that done soon. But I also watched a video on how cellar spiders catch their prey with their web. It was wicked the sight was pretty cool. Umm my partner Nazia, who took pictures on Tues., uploaded pictures to the laptop so we can have some pictures on tour document. And my other partner Ryan did allow us to use his arms so he can carry the tank as we found objects and other things for Charlie's environment.
     I learned that spiders need food and obstacles to mack on to be put in a tank for a period of time. And I learned that flowers will die if they are put in the tank without sunlight or water, and that cellar spiders have a short life span. I earned from doing research on cellar spiders that they don't have adhesive web, they have 8 legs and their nicknames are "grand-daddy long legs" lml. I learned from the video I watched that cellar spiders vibrate or move really quick when another creature is by it, that they wrap a bunch of web around its prey when it captures it and that the cellar spider produces about six wraps around its prey per second. When Nazia uploaded the pictures I know now u can't crop them and that we should have picked pictures that show us getting objects for Charlie's tank. And lastly I learned too any rocks make the tank heavy when I put too many in the tank Ryan was holding and that we shouldn't put long branches in the tank so it won't hit Ryan in his face.

No comments:

Post a Comment